Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Duvets that smell like pilots





We are back in Vancouver at the Air Canada subsidized hotel which is nice enough to house three adults and one blonde haired monkey boy. They have left to take Hud out to the park and maybe out to dinner. I declined because I was looking for a little me time. You know, bad tv, boxers, cucumber and aloe lotion, maybe some DC and bits and bites and then a soak in the hot tub on the ninth floor. Later on I am sneaking out to watch the Suns and drink one or two hundred pints. I need the Ralph Kramden night at the pub.

Whistler was so awesome minus a few run ins with the troops as will happen living so darn close to one another. We went up the mountain in a gondola and while my anxiety reminded me every three or four seconds that I do not love heights, the view superceded and I was able to soak in the absolute majesty of Canada's rocky mountains. We ate chili and pita and watched all the supercool snowboarders stomp around everywhere in their huge gear. Hudder wobbled around in the crunchy snow in his too cheap shoes and cried when we had to leave.

Last night was spent at a nice restaurant and this morning we bundled up all our crud and drove that wonderous sea to sky highway that definitely needs to be expanded prior to 2010.

Tomorrow is travel day. Fiji flight leaves at 5 and it takes pretty much 16 hours including a layover in LA. Are goal is to get Hud so strung out on exercise and carbs that he will crash for the longest portion of the flight which is 11 hours. If that does not work there is always the wee bottles of scotch we can slip into his apple juice. Just kidding Mitch. Or not Ma. We arrive in Fiji at 5 in the morning and have to take a cab for two and half hours to get to our posh place. It really looks sweet and I will post some pictures the moment I find out how easy it is to get online.

This is a boring post. Maybe I should babble on incoherently about how much I love everyone. Naw. Gross.