Tuesday, December 13, 2005

New Love

Well it was inevitable. With Steph’s new found obsession for knitting, and her constant attention to our son and hair plucking, I was forced to look elsewhere for love.

I know what you all our saying, how could I do this to the woman I promised to spend the rest of my life with?

How could I tear apart a family right smack dab in the middle of the adventure of all of their lives?

But, as the cliché goes, men are pigs and pork is the other white meat, or something like that. So, with apologies to all of our friends and families who thought Steph and I were the one couple that could survive all those drunken group erotic chocolate fondue Friday nights, the hot tub ecstasy wife swapping parties, the Sunday afternoon lap dancing competitions and of course Crisco Twister, you were wrong and you must forgive me as I launch into a poetic soliloquy to celebrate the love of the new olive skinned girl that has since become the reason I keep on truckin’.

You love adventure and I love you for it. You have a pet monkey which makes you kooky and crazy and just adds to the mystery that is you. You are constantly aware of all the danger that surrounds you, that seeks you out, that tries to swipe what is yours. You remain in touch with your childhood friends and that makes you loyal. You constantly seek out answers to all of life’s big questions and I admire that. You skip along life’s path always smiling, always affirming and sharing your victories with your friends.

But I tell you, what I love most about you is your almond eyes, looking at me with your beautifully cocked head, telling me I did it.

No, you did it, sweetness, you really really did it.

Click below to catch a simple glimpse. I warn you, she's hypnotic.

New Lover

J.